Wednesday, August 17, 2011

To Run or Not to Run?

Answer: To Run

Here we go...

Every couple years a bunch of people at the ranch choose to do a marathon. Back in 2007 I was one of those who chose to do it. Although it was hard, tiring and I was very sore (I have never been very good about training) BUT going to Hawaii afterwards was worth it!

Then in 2009 my brother wanted to run a half marathon – he trained – I did not.  But I ran it and again it was hard, tiring and sore! 

Now it is 2011 soon to be 2012 and I guess I am going to do this again.  I decided to register early with the hopes that it will encourage myself to train.  And yes, I am using Hawaii again as an incentive to run.

The part that I LOVE about marathon training is the time with people.  We always run in groups and spend time in prayer and fellowship with each other.  The Lord ALWAYS teaches me things throughout the training time as well.  And we usually finish up the longer runs during the fall months with a warm cup of soup and bull riding.

I will try to keep you updated on what the Lord is teaching me through this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment